Oh yeah! You know it!
SCAR 17s benefits
- Many reporting 0 Failure to Eject or Failure to Feed, no matter what ammo they use.
- Rarely, some reporting sub-MOA accuraccy with match grade ammo at 100 yards. (click on the image for more accuracy)
- It is very light for a 308.
- Very light felt recoil for a 308.
- Easy to field strip.
- Folding stock (no buffer tube).
- Familiar controls for users of AR systems.
- Bragging rights at the range.
SCAR 17s issues
- There are reports that some triggers have creep or feel like a two-stage trigger. When I bought mine it was a bit gritty. I've replaced mine with a Geissele Super Scar trigger and I've been happy.
- The muzzle break is reported as loud but effective at reducing recoil
- Reciprocating handle can get in your way or interfere with some optic mounting options. I've replaced mine with an Enhanced Angled Charging Handle.
- The sling mounts on the gun are either aluminum or a soft steel, so steel sling clips will scratch up your paint job and eat into the material. This can be solved by padding the sling attachment device or by attaching a 3rd party mounting solution using the rails.
- The color matching on the different components has been a problem that doesn't want to go away. I've seen pictures of green/light tan/darktan/tan colors for the top, stock, pistol grip, and the reciever. Some like it, but I'd rather have uniform colors. I've got the black one.
- Folding stock not strong enough to "buttstroke" the rifle but with the weight savings, it's unavoidable.
Replace lower to use pmags. Stryker, Handl and HDD Tactical. (direct ship since the upper is considered the firearm.)
Want to add something that I missed? Leave me a message.